Saturday, February 5, 2011

A little Side Note from Pearly...

First off: Jeff has been out for one year and two days!! WOOHOO!

Second: Last week, Jeff told me to write something from me and to share my testimony. I had no clue what to share. But last night as I was studying the scriptures it came to me. I was studying in the Book of Mormon, reading the book of Ether, in Chapter 2 when the Lord is talking to the Brother of Jared about how to light the Barges that his people built. In verse 25 it says:

And behold, I prepare ye against these things; for ye cannot cross the great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds that have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?

This verse, for me, is saying that the Lord doesn't send us trials that we are not previously prepared for. We might not know that we are strong enough or smart enough or prepared enough for what He is aking, but the Lord knows we are. He will never give us a challenge we can't beat and He is always, always, ALWAYS there waiting for us to ask for help.. I know that with every fiber of my being. I know my Savior loves me. I know He wants to help me in all that I do. I know that when I exercise my agency and choose to ask Him for help He will do anything and everything to help. I know that if we don't ask, He can't help! He gave us agency as a part of this earthly test. We MUST choose Him. And as we do, we will be blessed. I know, like I KNOW that this is true. I know that this church is the one and only true church on the earth today. I love this gospel, I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And I Say these things in the blessed name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment